1) Go to www.registerasa.com
2) If this is your first time on this site, you will need to create an account. When registering for the first time, please make sure to choose the association "Minnesota ASA" and group "Tri-County Associations" and for league choose "Owatonna" if available. If Owatonna is not a league option, choose any other option as it does not matter which league is chosen.
3) Find "Background Checks" toward the bottom of the page and click "purchase". Please note that a background check must be completed before Ace Certification. If you need ACE certification as well (required for all coaches and assistant coaches), please choose ACE w/background once prompted. NOTE: If you need both ACE certification and a background check, please choose both at this time as the cost will be discounted to purchase both.
4) You will be prompted to confirm all personal information, agree to terms and enter credit card info to pay for background check and/or ACE Certification.
5) Once background check is complete, continue with ACE certification (if applicable) or log out. Further instructions on how to complete ACE certification can be found in the following link (copy and paste into your browser):
6) You can check the status of your background check under the "home plate" tab on the ASA website. Once you receive confirmation of the status of your background check and/or ACE certification, please print or save a copy of the page showing you were "cleared" on the background check and ACE certification was complete. Email to the HFC Treasurer (can be found under contact info on website). You may request reimbursement for the fee at this time.
***Your ACE Certification card will be mailed to you***
HELPFUL INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS
Below are several videos that will help you guide our young softball players. They are about 2 minutes each and explain it just the way we teach it.
HOW TO THROW A BALL
HOW TO CATCH A BALL
HOW TO HOLD A BAT. HOW TO STAND IN BATTERS BOX
This one just goes to show that I am not making it up!!!!!
I like the jump at the end – it will teach them a lot about their stance!
What a great explanation of leadoffs and what to do and not do! Stay low and side step back to the bag! EYES ALWAYS ON THE BALL!
ROUNDING A BASE
This one is for rounding a bag! They say it doesn’t matter which foot you use when touching the inside corner, and I can’t see fault with that, as I see lots of girls slow down to get their footing right. SPEED AND INSIDE CORNER!
HOW TO PROPERLY RUN
The beginning of this one is the best part about how to properly run while pumping arms!
THE SportsEngine APP
We ask that coaches be in constant communication with parents about practices, games, tournaments, etc. An assistant coach, parent representative, or the head coach can be the main communicator for the team. We ask that all games, practices, and results are posted on our web site. The SportsEngine app makes this easy to do from a smartphone. The SportsEngine app is available in your play store for your Apple or Android device. See the SportEngine website for more details on the mobile app.
Anyone responsible for updating your team info will need edit access to the team site. Contact your HFC Board Rep for these permissions if needed.